Re: pppd

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 22:55:59 CEST

Nick Gribble wrote:

> Michele
> Thanks - I've actually tried all that already but no luck. The modems don't
> actually say that they're win-modems but I guess maybe they are. Either way,
> I'm going to have to give up I think as I've tried all I can think of, which
> is a shame. I've even been into the bios and set the configuration manually
> but it doesn't make any difference. The probe seems to be finding the com
> ports 1&2 fine since they've got 16550s attached on the motherboard, but the
> ISA slots are another story altogether.
> BTW, I see from my installation that the version of muLinux I've got (which
> I downloaded only last week from http://www.snafu.de to make sure it was the
> latest available) reports itself as being 2.0.36, but I see emails flashing
> around talking about version 2.4 and higher. Do I have the latest version?
> If not, where IS the main site now - did you go to Sun?
> Nick Gribble
> nick@scottishtowns.freeserve.co.uk

er uh.........If you have Com1 &com2 configured in your BIOS you might
just have a misconfiguration......"been there, done that"
Disable com2......as it uses IRQ3 as a default(and shares it with com4)
and see if your modem works.......your modem has it's own UART which
will be reported during the boot proccess.....
good luck