Re: Web site hosting offer

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Fri Apr 30 1999 - 16:31:50 CEST

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 09:30:13PM +0000, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:

> Michele, from Hamburg the access to FLUG server goes without any
> problems, so now please take a decision:
>
> - shall we ask Esben to mirror that site ?

Yes. We have to test the stuff performance.

> I am glad, that you have been able to find a nice web place in your
> region, but nevertheless: at my humble opinion it really could be
> better to act as if Aalborg were the true homepage: when you announce
> on the USENET that there's a new homepage for muLinux and it can be
> found at Aalborg all the people will look there first.

If Aalborg set up a mirror (at the any night, for example) no problems,
I believe. In my announce, I might reference SunSITE as first contact
site (comp.os.linux.announce) and FLUG in it.comp.linux.annunci.

> I think, when it comes to REAL traffic Aalborg will provide a better
> performance than Firenze, right ?

Oh yes: a 486 dx2 cannot be overloaded too much, I believe.
Anycase, FLUG plan to upgrade to some PENTIUM.

Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?
						-- Woody Allen