[mu SETUP]

From: Kochenburger Andreas (Andreas.Kochenburger@khe.siemens.de)
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 08:50:07 CEST

My installation stopped with a kernel panic
complaining about not being able to mount VFS as root.
I suspect that I need a vfat fs driver module. Is this true?
The hard disk is formatted by Win98 in fat16 (logical drive
in a DOS secondary partition; but this is not the problem
because when I try it in C: I get the same panic stop).
What can I do without reformatting? I want to run
mulinux from DOS7 without a partition of its own.

Andreas