Re: Extensions-addon disk

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 08:37:04 CEST

Am 25.04.1999, 20:30:46, schrieb Michele Andreoli:

> What is wrong, in your opinion?
> Take this in your mind: floppy #1 is, in fact,
> kernel+/lib/lib.so.5+lynx; the remaining stuff span over few Kbytes
> of ASCII imagination!

Ok, if the sole Floppy #1 will still be enough for most *diagnosis*
purposes this is fine! I just was not sure if we would have to carry
around Flopy #1 _and_ Addon #1 i the future.

At my opinion the demonstration capabilities are important but the
DIAG tools are also important, and it would be really good to have as
much of that base tools on Floppy #1 as possible.

I understand what you mean: new Kernel will allow including new
drivers(...), but i am afraid that the basis muLinux system disk will
become crippled and not be usefull anymore for technical support people....

I am sure you will do your best to avoid this! ;-)

Greetings from sunny Hamburg, the Venezia of the North,

Karl-Heinz