[mu TECH] Genetic breakdown in 5.1!

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 19:33:04 CEST

I apoligize for that, but "/bin/clone" in v5.1 has a bug: UMSDOS
filesystem is created correctly, but files containing DOS paths
(like "linux.bat") don't work.

Why? In linux.bat you can see this row:

                varloadlinloadlin @loadlin.cfg

but it would be:

                var\loadlin\loadlin @loadlin.cfg

LINUX users know this subtle problem! Shell interpreter leave intact
the "/" character (path separator in UNIX) , but translate "\l" as "l" !!!
This happens when (in new /bin/clone version) I, stupidly, wrote:

                LOADLIN=var\loadlin\loadlin

Anycase, all task not-involving this command (like muLinux first-time
installation, etc) are not touched by this disaster.

Ok, I'm going to remove this archive (mulinux-5r1.tgz), replacing them
with 5r2. Furthmore, in order to you would forgive me, I'm going
to put an update52.tgz in my MISC section.

This "patch" contains, also, a more robust "setup swap", with
consistency check.

Ciao!

#!/bin/sh
IF [ language=="it" ]; then

Ci ho messo piu' a scrivere questa email che a creare il baco.
Cosa ci posso fare se nel mio liceo si insegnava solo il francese?

Ciao!
Michele

ELSE
        echo Done.

FI

--
Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?