Re: [mu OT] Despair!

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 08:59:16 CET

Am 11.02.1999, 15:33:10, schrieb Michele Andreoli:

> GCC: big disaster incoming.
[...]
> Some people attempt to compile in muLinux TRUES packages
> downloaded around the net! I cannot substitute
> it.comp.linux.development or comp.os.linux.development
> and related!

> My purpose (a C-compiler for learn C) is failed. Some people install
> muLinux but need LINUX, really. /usr/include/linux is NOT complete.

Ciao Michele!

Sorry for not answering to this before, during the weekend i had my
Computer offline and i hope it is not to late now!

Please, do *not* remove the GCC disk!

Instead you could do the following: add a message into the muLinux
setup script telling the user that the GCC package is *only* for
educational and training purposes and not designed to compile
real-world-software.

That message also should appear every time the user starts the
compiler or the make utility.

If you add this message also on your webpage all problems should have
gone: anyone still complaining about GCC problems would receice a
message from you with this simple text:

# I am sorry you can *not* use the GCC package for compiling
# software packages downloaded from the web. It's sole purpose
# is learning C++ and trying litlle Hello World programs.
# Sorry: there is *no* way to change it!

What about that idea?

Bye,
     Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer    *    Hamburg    *    Germany
(private message)