Re: Mailing List

From: Andrea Manzini (linux@netbusiness.it)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 21:18:43 CET

On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 06:33:26PM +0100, Massimo Pilolli wrote:

> I think this problem is very simple:
> The question is NOT
> "Do you prefer to communicate in English or in Italian?"
> BUT:
> "Do you prefer to communicate with 6exp+09 people or 5exp+07 ?"

I disagree... This is a specific mailing list, about a single topic:
mulinux. You are not talking to the whole world, nor the smallest part of
Italy. We also are offtopic, indeed.

> Andrea, why should you lurk in an English ML? Perhaps aren't you
> so sure about your English? Well, I AM sure that mine will sound
> quite ridiculous to any English mother-tongue, but: let's have a look
> to item "3" above.

Perhaps your english is much better than mine :)

> On the other hand, continuing to use Italian will frustrate non-Italian
> people, who will leave the list (probably "Parwinder Singh"
> <meen@vsnl.com> has left because of the language).

If Mr. meen@vsnl.com had something to tell, he simply should tell it. Even
in chinese. I'm sorry, but if he was really interested in the ML, it's
stupid and childish to leave for that reason. These "dramatic" actions don't
bring nothing good to us nor to him... It's my opinion, of course.
Anyway, as you can see, in respect to all people (italian or not) now I try
to write in english, but please let me know when I make mistakes, so I can
correct myself :)

--
   Andrea Manzini    | "Nissuna cosa e' che piu' c'inganni che
linux@netbusiness.it | il nostro giudizio" (Leonardo da Vinci)