Modules

From: dmgrant@c034.aone.net.au
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 14:10:54 CET

I have a SCSI disk with an Adaptec 2940UW adapter. I can't work out how to load
modules under mulinux because the insmod command doesn't work even with the
appropriate modules unzipped from archive.tbz and copied to
/lib/modules/2.0.36/misc. A message advises that it can't find the corresct
kernel version.

I notice that the installation program uses a command "load_modules" Can I
somehow use this to load my scsi modules from archive.tbz? If not please tell
me how to load any module from archive.tbz

I have used a kernel with the scsi drivers incorporated in previos versions of
mulinux and that works OK but it requires deletion of "big" programs like lynx
and I would prefer not to do that again.

By the way I still can't load X11.tbz from the floppy disk but I can load it
from a harddisk following instrructions you gave me on 21 Oct.

Rgds, David

E-Mail: dmgrant@c034.aone.net.au
Date: 18-Jan-99
Time: 23:44:26