Subject: CVE-2023-52688: wifi: ath12k: fix the error handler of rfkill config

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath12k: fix the error handler of rfkill config

When the core rfkill config throws error, it should free the
allocated resources. Currently it is not freeing the core pdev
create resources. Avoid this issue by calling the core pdev
destroy in the error handler of core rfkill config.

Found this issue in the code review and it is compile tested only.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52688 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 004ccbc0dd49 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit b4e593a7a22f
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 004ccbc0dd49 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 898d8b3e1414

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52688
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath12k/core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b4e593a7a22fa3c7d0550ef51c90b5c21f790aa8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/898d8b3e1414cd900492ee6a0b582f8095ba4a1a