[video] about DCT

Hi Gents;
I have some questions in my mind, may be one of you might know it.
First one; Is it possible to process RGB data which was gathered from a
VGA signal into a DCT module such as Richard Herveille's DCT algorithm?
Of course before going into the DCT process, there will be a RGB to
YCbCr conversion..

Secondly; I have been thinking on Richard Herveille's valuable work on
DCT. It accepts 8 bits of video data. I think that is for first row of pixels
(8pixels each line). But as you might realize that after RGB2YCbCr
conversion each pixel will have a ~8bit of information whereas DCT
module accepts only 8 bits of information at each clock cycle. So is
there something wrong the way I think about? Or it just accepts 8 bits
of information for each pixel at a clock cycle. I am confused about it.
Could anyone kindly explain the process? Or is there any example source
code that I can look into from begining of buffering of video data and
sending them into a DCT module?
Or someone kindly tell us about the process in general? I have looked at
the source code and some other references about DCT on the net but
could not find an appropriate information.

Cheers,
Aris