RE: [usb] RXValid signal

Title:
Hello,

Please find the answers below:
1.  a) A bit stuff error occurs during reception, when a consecutive 6 "1"s in the data stream is not succeeded by a '0'. This indicates that a bit stuffing has not occured at the transmitting end or some corruption has occured in the reception. Either case, it is an error detected due to bit stuffing in the reception.
      b) 8 stuffed bits are accumulated over a continuous data stream, but may not be consecutive. There can be 6 '1's and a '0', followed by a different pattern which does not require bit stuffing, and then another 6'1's and a '0' which makes the count of unstuffed bits to increment and so on.

2. In FS mode, ideal number of CLK cycles per byte time is 40 (which can be 45 or 50 for 1 or 2 bit stuffs respectively). RXValid is asserted only one CLK cycle per byte time where we need to ensure that data is also valid on the data bus. Till next data byte is available RXValid will not be asserted, Following the state machine, RXValid is asserted whenever RX Data state is entered.

3.  !Data indicates that data is not available to be sent on the data bus. This could be because of bit unstuffs or as in the case of FS mode, where data is available only once in 40-50 CLK cycles (and for the rest of the CLK cycles, data is not available).

I hope these answers your questions.

Regards,
Santhi.

Santhi. L