[usb] usb core

Hi Paul,

Interestingly enough, we both work for Honeywell.  Right now I am trying to
get some tools for the team, and reading over the USB spec from
www.usb.org...  I've been pretty busy lately, but I should have more time
for the project this weekend.

I don't know if you are very familiar with USB or not.  I personally am not,
but the spec I have now is pretty good.  It seems to be geared more toward a
usb device than a controller, but there are a couple other specs on the
www.usb.org page that are geared more toward a controller.  Unfortunately I
am not too sure if the OHCI will preclude using a license similar to the
GPL.  I've only briefly glanced at it.  There is also a UHCI, but I haven't
had time to take a look at it.

Participation in the group would be anything you can bring to the table that
will help this project get moving... Tools are a sizeable stumbling block
right now... I am going to grab some eval versions to get started, and
Damjan is looking into more sponsors.  Licensing is also a problem... Check
out the mailing list archive for the usb list and the general cores list at
www.opencores.org for more info on that front.

Maybe we could get Honeywell to donate some tools to the group eh?  hehe,
probably not.

--Scott