Re: OPENPPC>: Re: [openppc] Future of openppc.org and openppc.com domains

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Alan Grimes wrote:

> The Hard disk controller should not be on the motherboard.
> The Floppy controller should not be on the motherboard.
> The legacy IO ports should not be on the motherboard.
> USB is a bus therefore it does belong on the motherboard.
> Sound should not be on the motherboard.
> Analog game-port should not be on the motherboard.
I always searched a mb like this, but they don't want to produce...

> MIDI is a type of bus therefore it should be on the motherboard. (I have
> my machine rigged to a Roland SoundCanvas. SWEET!!)
this is a little subjective, isn't it? ;>
btw midi is a serial interface exacly like the legacy ones...
I think that on the mb there will be only cpu/memory block and expansion
buses... PCI,AGP more an i2c bus on witch put also the rtc..
All the other pieces on boards (the keyboard will be plugged in a usb
interface...)

> All your motherboard needs are good buses and a clean design. Build it
and a loooot of pci slots!!! :>

> and I'll buy... as soon as I can figure out how to make some money. =P

uhmm...  It looks like I am not the only with permanent money problems...
;)