Re: [openppc] OPENOSX: WINTEL PC Emulator

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 03:21:43PM +0000, Alasdair Ferro wrote:
> test1@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > There is a new "PC Emulator" program for APPLE OS X from OpenOSX Inc called "WINTEL". This PC emulator program can use multiple G4 CPUs to emulate single Pentium IV CPU at high speed.
> > Is it possible to port this product to Linux for PowerPC?
>
> Try Bochs (pronounced "box"), at http://bochs.sourceforge.net/. This is an IA-32 emulator for most modern OSes. I couldn't quickly find anything to say it could use a multiprocessor
> machine, but it would be worth asking.......

HAHAHA, have a look at this:

OpenOSX Wintel **IS** Bochs!!!

http://www.openosx.com/images/win95_screen2.jpg

Can someone get the 'Wintel' cd and then ask OpenOSX for the source code
to 'WinTel'?  Bochs is LGPL, so they should at least give you source to
any changes to Bochs itself.

--
Troy Benjegerdes | master of mispeeling | 'da hozer' |  hozer@drgw.net
-----"If this message isn't misspelled, I didn't write it" -- Me -----