RE: [ethmac] Ethernet Standard Related queries.

Hi,

   I don;t know either what 4 byte field for the len/field however if you
are talking about Vlan keep in mind that there are some talk and
implementation with double vlan tag so if you plan to designs something
generay that can handle vlan you might also want to look for this.

I don;t know much about it as this is quite proprietry and as far I I recall
it is mainly to add solution similar to what mpls can do but I'm not 100%
sure about it as well as personaly I "belive" in mpls, so never implemented
such thing.

another "drawback" as for vlan is that it is patent of Nortal and so using
it will require you to pay royalty to them or be prepare that they might sue
you, just another reason in mu opinion why not to let vlan progress any
more.

have a nice day

   Illan