Re: [ethmac] RE: doubt!!

> i want to calculate the 64bits wide CRC32 with altera apexII device,
> but the right simulation result can't be achieved,because of multi XOR in
> one clock cycle.
I am having 128-bit wide XOR operations that fits in Altera Apex II
at 100 MHz. No problem there ... And there are chains with 7 XORs.

And the thing about the "right simulation result" ... you have lost me there
! :)

> so i try to use the fast CRC32 method described in R.J.glaise "fast crc
> calculation", and then use the two-step CRC32 calculation method.
> in this way, the whole CRC32 calculation can be done with a max XOR of
> 4 or 5, and can be realized in the apexII device.
Apex II are quite fast : all copper technology boosted the performance of
all my
designs by 5% to 10%. You should not worry about the performance of the
CRC32 module.

> But the big problem is i can't get the right simulation result with the
> method described in the "fast crc calculation". am i missing something?
> how about the initial value setting?
maybe parallel 64 bits CRC calculation instead of a serial one ?