From: owner-ethmac@opencores.org [mailto:owner-ethmac@opencores.org]On
Behalf Of brecht@cbedv.com
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 6:03 PM
To: ethmac@opencores.org
Subject: [ethmac] optical Ethernet PHY???

Hello all together!

After the question for an cheap ethernet here's the
one for an optical PHY:

Does anyone know about a PHY that works optical and
(what would be ideal) behaves the same way an "usual"
ethernet PHY does?

As you can imagine I want to "go fibre" (as my little
hardware has to work in a magnetic field and I am not
too sure about the transformers will make this possible!?).
And the easiest way would be to just change the PHY..

I have seen you guys are really into it and I already got
some really good help from you for my diploma work last
week, so here I am again with this question!

Did anybody hear about such an PHY?

Thanks a lot again,

Christian
university of applied technology cologne