Re: RE: [ethmac] CRC

Hi Illan! Hi all!

As a typical CRC-newbie...do I understand this right or not(?):

I take the CRC-function from easics, fill the register with ffffffff as
the first step.
Afterwards I run it (in VHDL in a clk'event-process doing sth like CRC
<= NewCRC) and as the last step I fill it compeletely with zeros (like
other CRCs work).

To use the CRC in my ethernet core I will have to invert and reflect it.

After all I will pass it in nibbles starting with the highest nibble
(bit 31 downto 28) to the PHY.

I tried and tried but failed.

I am sorry I couldn't figure it out of your open cores model as I am
really new in this and have never spent time on verilog...

Can you or anybody help?
I appreciate your help!

Have a jolly good day!

Christian