From: Javier_Castillo_Villar@yahoo.es
[mailto:Javier_Castillo_Villar@yahoo.es]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 2:10 AM
To: ethmac@opencores.org
Subject: RE: [ethmac] Standard info.

 There is few information about ethernet. The only font of information is
the IEEE 802.3 standard but at this moment you must pay for it.
 I am for university of cantabria in spain and actually we are working on
a phy and mac core for ethernet in VHDL. It is a small core, it donīt
have all the standard features, but we hope it works. Itīs only a 10
base t core not 100 because we only want a vhdl core that we can
program in a spartan 2 fpga. If weīll do a 100 Mbps core we need a PLL
outside the fpga so we are not interested in.
 We have captured some ethernet frames  with a digital oscilloscope
and we analyze then with matlab to have a real vision of the standard
because in the 802.3 standard you cannot find all the information you
need. If you want the frame captures and the matlab program or if you
have any question about the standard please write me

 My email is: javier_castillo_villar@yahoo.es