From: jcwh@sina.com [mailto:jcwh@sina.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 1:52 AM
To: ethmac@opencores.org
Subject: [ethmac] how about VLAN?

Is someone going to implement VLAN tag insertion and extraction in this
mac controller?

when inserting /extracting the VLAN tag, CRC should be calculated once
more.

Can we just change the old crc on some kind of spcial arithmetic ,while
not "crc through" the whole frame?

does someone here know this kind of arithmetic?

thanks