RE: [ethmac] rx_ethmac

I noticed this as well when I looked at the receive MAC core state machine.
I am not overly familiar with the specific standard, and just figured that
it was for compatibility with any PHY's that may have the option of
stripping off the preamble bits (thus the start of a packet would only be
the SFD nibble).

I did not concern myself with this issue too much since I am not receiving
anything in my application.  I am only using the Tx MAC for my application
and have stripped out the receive side code.  However, I do concur with the
original poster's explanation.

Regards,
Kevin