发件人:        owner-ethmac@opencores.org

收件人:        <ethmac@opencores.org>
抄送:
主题:        RE: [ethmac] Divided clock

Hello yxzhou,

The phy auto-negotiates with the other phy on the other side of the line. They come up with a mutual speed (10 or 100 mbps).
If the clock is 10 mbps the phy outputs 2.5mbps to the mac layer, so that the mac could send and receeive data on the 4 bit wide MII bus.
10MHz/4=2.5MHz
When the phys come up with 100mbps they output a 25 MHz clock (100MHz/4 = 25MHz).

I hope this helps.

Tal.