[ethmac] MAC questions

Hi all,
I've read the host interface of the MAC and I got the
following questions

1- The MAC uses DMA engine with link list descriptors,
which enabled the DMA engine to copy data from/to MAC
to/from memory but if I want to use the MAC in other
system (e.g. switch how can I do it)?

2- When you want to transmit to the line, MAC gets a
frame from the memory by the DMA. Assume the host has
higher data rate how does it handle this case? is
there any large internal buffer?

3- Also how do you handle the case of having slow host
(Overrun case) do you have the same large buffer that
must be filled befor starting transmission

4- In the receive, the MAC uses DMA and generates and
interrupt when frame is ended, but how do you
configure the length in the DMA and how do you abort
the DMA operation.

Thanks
Jamil Khatib