From: Igor Mohor (uni-mb) [mailto:igor.mohor@uni-mb.si]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 3:57 AM
To: ethmac@opencores.org
Subject: RE: [ethmac] Hai...

A transfer is suppose to be finished in a predifined period of time.
While
one station is transmitting, all the others are waiting. The maximum
transfer
time is 2 x 1518 bytes. When the carrier sense is not deasserted within
that
period of time, the defer counter reaches the excessive defferal value
and a packet can be aborted or the MAC can wait forever for the carrier.

Regards,
	Igor