[ethmac] development of a NIC

Hi,

my name is Maik [german version of Mike]. I'm a student at the Dresden
University of Technology at the Insitute of Computer Engineering. For
further information please visit my homepage -
http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mb25.

My current task is the development of an embedded solution for
transmitting measurement information to a host via Fast-Ethernet. The
protocol processing (ICMP, IP, UDP) will be done by the PIC which
provides the measurement data. For the PIC and it's components we always
habe VHDL models. So now I'm working on a model of the NIC which means
an 10/100 MBPS Ethernet-MAC. But It isn't easy ;-)

So maybe You can help me and can help You. Do You have some further
information as are available on the internet ? Do You have some VHDL
models ? I found none on CVS ...

Do You need any volunteers for Your project ? I'm really interessted !
But listen, this is my first real hardware project. In the past I did
Java and C/C++ programming.

Thanks and best regards
Maik Boden