Re: [ethmac] specification for eth MAC

At 05:45 PM 4/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Novan Hartadi wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Kent Dahlgren wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not familiar with it, but I have found SIS stuff to be, in
> general, cheesy.
> > >
> > > Do you have a URL where anyone that is interested can download it and
> take
> > > a look.
> >
> > http://www.sis.com.tw/support/databook.htm for SIS900/7016/7014
>
>Looks ok but I would totally redo the register interface.
>
>If you are going to do an MII interface (recommended), I would suggest
>creating real, MII-compatible registers instead of having only one or
>two "MII gateway" registers.

Huh? What MII registers are you talking about? The only registers in the
MAC that relate
to the MII are the registers used to twiddle the MDC, MDIO pins. The "MII
registers" such
as the ones that contain the results of auto-negotiation are in the PHY device.

Kent

Praesum Communications                  Phone: (510) 337-0495
Suite 1                                 Fax:   (510) 337-0418
1134E Ballena Blvd                      email: kent@praesum.com
Alameda, Ca. 94501                      web:   www.praesum.com