[oc] CAN Core Questions

Igor,

I've spent a litttle time looking over the CAN core and have some
questions.

1.  Is the CAN core modeled after any existing CAN device or IP (i.e. any
intended software/functional compatability)?

2.  Is any further documentation (i.e. theory of operation, register file
definition/programmer's guide) available?

3.  I understand the the OpenCores CAN is being validated against the
Bosch VHDL reference model.  Is there a timeframe for the completion of
the validation?

4.  I see from the latest verilog code that several changes have been
made that are not reflected in the VHDL code base.  Is there a
timeframe for the incorporation of changes to the VHDL model and
validation of the VHDL model?

thanks,
bob