Re: [oc] Project suggestion: RFID tag reader

> Good, point ! Let build it ! You know where the specs are ?!

I gather the specifications are completely open.  I haven't
read them yet, but I think the following page is the air
interface specification:

http://www.autoid.org/SC31/sc31_wg4_draft_air_interface.htm

Somewhere else on the web site are dozens of specs for all
the higher layers.  The site map is a useful resource:

http://www.autoid.org/sitemap.htm

This specification was developed by MIT.  My suspicion is that
a far seeing person at MIT saw the implications of this
technology and so jumped in and created an open specification
before a proprietory format became dominant.

> Any analog guys who can do the analog front end ?

The lower frequencies may lend themselves to an all digital
implementation.  There are mutiple carrier frequencies
specified, but I think a common one is 13.46MHz
The higher frequencies seem to share the ISM band
with 802.11 WLANs.  Perhaps transceivers for these frequencies
will also be useful for any WLAN projects out there?

Regards
John