Re: [[oc] Huffman coding]

Thanks Andras and Graham,

Here's the useage: hardware Motion-JPEG codec.
One of the last steps in JPEG encoding (and one of the first in decoding) is
to huffman-code some of the generated data.
The dictionary is user programmable (i.e. it is stored in memory). Encoding
isn't a major problem. I can use the generated data as an address into the
memory. Also I (probably) can figure out how to handle the different
bit-length for each code.
The real problem is decoding. For decoding I receive the encoded bit-stream,
then I need to match this with a bitstream from the dictionary (i.e. the
memory) and return the original data (i.e. the address). I don't want to use
CAM (content addressable memory), and I certainly don't want to do a search
on the entire memory.
Anybody any suggestions ??

Richard