Re: [oc] Open Source PCI Bridge Soft Core

Hello !

I don't like spam, but compared to all the junk I get I find Tadej's email
rather refreshing. Maybe I'm biased because PCI project is one of the most
successful OpenCores projects ...

I just had another close look at the project and I'm surprised how much
Tadej and other PCI developers have done. Not only that the PCI core is
fully compliant with the PCI 2.2 standard and that they have complete
specification and *design* documentation, verification suite, synthesis
scripts, examples of log files, but they have also built a test application
(a PCI VGA card) and wrote a Linux driver and showed that it actually works
in real HW in a real PC.
I've seen one well known commercial PCI core used by many companies and I
can tell you that OpenCores PCI core is far better.

I asked Tadej to send me some of the emails he got and the response was very
positive. Tadej, next time when you send an announcement that 64-bit support
has been added to PCI core, feel free to sign the email with my name. ;-)

regards,
Damjan

PS OpenCores server is under heavy load of 15 and more (even though it is
dual-processor machine), due to download of PCI core. Expect some delays on
mailing lists.