RE: [oc] Hardware

Mark,

I use the Xilinx (Spartan II family) for developing/testing and I know some other
people use Altera 20K units. There probably are more FPGA chipmakers like Cypress
but I've never spoken to anybody using them (yet).

First decide the important things you need for your project like:

Pin count
Electrical standards supported (voltages, differential signals)
Clock frequency
Approximate gate clock

then you can look at the available units on the market to see which fit the bill.

Paul