Re: [oc] Article: Printable 10um chips

> On Tuesday 15 January 2002 18:43, jdalton wrote:
> > People may be interested in an article, by MIT technology review,
> > about printable transistors.  Such technology could have
> > implications for opencores (desktop chip production).
>
> I think there is a great future for roll to roll processing, but that
> is for extremely high volume (more like major newpaper production than
> desktop publishing local newsletters).
>
> Other groups, like http://www.plasticlogic.com , are trying to adapt
> inkjet printer technology to organic electronics production. That is
> more likely to be usable to the Cores hobbiest.

Regarding to this conversation and the one about RMS:
I think in a near future e.g. 5 years this kind of devices will be very
expensive,
but maybe Opencores can get a donation (money or device itself) and can
produce "computers" or other circuits for very low cost...
But till then OC, or even better - a production company may sell chips with
OC
cores for low enough price.

Would this solve current HW accessibility problems? And make HW more
like SW? I think users would not mind paying some small money and get
e.g. a computer much cheaper?

Marko