RE: [oc] Binary Divides for uP core

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Paul McFeeters wrote:

> PS I did look at the 8051 ALU module but couldn't understand how they
> did even 8bit division! Still to naive in Verilog I guess.

David Patterson and John Hennessy's book (Computer Organisation and
Design) provides an introduction to multiplication, division, etc in
hardware, and, indeed the basic hardware design of MIPS.  You might find
it handy to check a copy out of the library...  although there are much
more sophisticated references out there for more in-depth coverage.

- tobin