Re: [oc] EEPROM Programmers using FPGAs?

Hi Paul,

I have a 8 year old hi-lo systems all-03. Before I played around with a self
soldered amiga programmer and I have not been very satisfait. I have payed
around 1000 Euro for it, so when you divide it by the years, I don't thing
that this is expensiv. The only problem that I came across was to keep a old
133MHz Pentium with a ISA slot and that they don't support my programming
device for new chips.
You will also need to adapt the programmer to logic levels, programming
voltages (one eprom needs 13V, the other 12, ...), different clock speeds.
So, for little money you get a commercial tool, that will do all of it for
you. I can't recommend hi-lo systems, because they change the programmer
hardware very often, leaving people with old hardware standing in the rain,
but maybe you can invest 2000 Euro and you will get something supported into
the next century ;-) from another company.

When you need a I2C EEPROM programmer, just grab a 25 Pin DSUB connector and
interface it to the parallel port of your PC, there might be a project
somewhere on the internet.
If you can't leave your hands off this, I may contact another person for you
who wanted to make a programmer out of our dragonix mainboard (we have a I2C
bus broad out from a FPGA (http://www.openhardware.net/Dragonix). At the
moment we have implemented two simple I/O pins with the FPGA and toggle the
pins by software . At the moment the software is working fine to adjust the
display contrast (maxim contrast controller with i2c interface)

Dani

Am Samstag,  5. Januar 2002 15.21 schrieben Sie: