Re: [oc] Re: Please Help (TC8)

--- hendra gunawan <hendrag01@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi'
>
> I'm interested in your offer to translate the c program. but first
> can you
> describe me about your project. i don't understand about TC8.

Sure.  TC8 is a symmetric block cipher geared towards embedded and low
memory environments.  The purpose of TC8 is to encrypt or decrypt eight
byte blocks of data under the control of a 192-bit key.  I have a
draft-paper explaining TC8 in some depth at

http://www.geocities.com/tomstdenis/tc8_draft.zip

What I want from the hardware side is estimates for high/low end
implementations.  Ideally a low-end would be something for a 8-bit MCU
and the high end would be for something higher.  An immediate usage for
the 8-bit MCU is to encrypt packet radio traffic, or to encode data
sent/read from a hard disk.  As for the high-end if it's fast enough it
could be used to encode LAN traffic or for disk encryption.

Tom