Re: [oc] New Project Idea: OpenPIC Super7 chipset

Nicholas Leippe wrote:

> If a chipset were available, motherboard
> manufacturers could produce low-cost SMP
> boards to easily make better use of these
> aging components that otherwise are going to
> end up by the wayside in the dust bin.
>
> just an idea.

I love it! =)

Now how do we get orgainized?
I'll await your direction...
I don't have too many chip-related skills but if you have something for me
to review just send it down.

I did, just the other day, read some chapters about multiprocessor busses.

With today's ultra-fast memories we should try to achieve at least 4
processors, prefferably 8. (that's about the max for the average old AT
case. =)

About software support... To get DOS working at full speed on it we will
need to hack out a DPMI 1.0 compliant kernel. Hopefully we can convince
Symantec to release the source for QDPMI, the current best DPMI 0.90
kernel.

Linux sucks...

BeOS needs some kernel work anyway...

Win3.11 has a mondo-borked kernel, that should be fixed too. (I use it;
check the header of this message)

OS/2 is dead but it should be brought along too. =)

--
In this year's presidential race you *do* have a choice!
VOTE Browne/Olivier The ticket to freedom!

####### Begin Eschelon Block #######
unibomber anthrax plutonium militia delta force ruby ridge atf batf waco
oklahoma city assault rifle sog sof m-16 clinton marx crack m-60 c5 c7
mlk panthers fbi chemical weapons twa 800 roswell terrorist freedom