Re: [oc] Beyond Transmeta...

Hi ALL,
After so many emails, I want to pose my considerations with this aggressive
subject. I think mainly Transmeta owns two advantages.
The first one is its compatibility with X86 ISA. The second one is her low power
technology. How does the net-connected processor conquer the two issues
at the same time?

I think basically many current processors, even what Intel has, have already the
performances. But Transmeta finds the power niche.

If you can't have better ways than Transmeta have, even best compilers for
net-connected processors, all are useless.

So, I guess you have the following issues to be solved.
1. Hardware architecture: net-connected processor?
2. Compilers or translators or code-morpher for both native ISA and X86 ISA.
3. What's your native ISA of the net connected machine?
4. Power Issue? How to let net-connected processors consume least power?
    In deep submicro technology, routing is the worst issue. But net-connected
    processors need routing most....
5....any more?

Of course, I hope better processors than Crusoe could be born in the future :)
Best regards, Jimmy