Re: [Mu] spam o virus

From: Jeroen Sangers (jeroen@jeroensangers.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 10:45:51 CEST

    Quoting Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it>:
    > Hello friends,
    >
    > I don't know your situation, but I'm receiving 50-60 emails for day,
    > apparently from list's members, each with the subject "Re: Approved".
    >
    > I have a Windows XP notebook on the same home LAN. Mey be, this is the
    > infected computer. Mah!

    This is almost certainly the W32/Sobig.f@MM
    (http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100561.htm) virus. Don't worry, probably your
    computers are not infected, since this virus changes the From: field of its
    messages by an address found in the address book or IE cache of the infected
    computer.

    --
    Jeroen Sangers
    http://jeroensangers.com/