Re: [Mu] Addons problem

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 21:53:47 CEST

    On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 12:33:04PM -0700, ShadowRage nicely wrote:
    > I got the system finally working... it just finally let me install it to dos..
    >
    > now, question time...
    >
    > can I mount swap through nfs (probably can, but not the point)

    Swapping over NFS is ( or was) explicitily not possible in Linux.

    > when I unpack USR.bz2 it locks at 68% and the HD is still busy.. but nothing gets done.. and I have 68 mb left on my HD....

    The problem is RAM, not disk space. This is bzip2 compressed.

    > will a 2.4 kernel work with this system?

    No. The 2.4 will break the console tty system, the network, the ppp
    and more other.

    > becuase I dont wanna run stuff like ipchains.. not to mention 2.0 is a security risk.

    A security risk?? It is enough if this kernel still is booting!

    Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
    around the Sun.				[Anonymous]