Re: [Mu] Problem with installing lilo

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 19:47:08 CEST

    On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 06:46:44PM +0200, stealth801 nicely wrote:

    > I tried to install mulinux on /dev/hda2 so when the prompt started I opted for the lilo booting, but an error occurred:
    >
    > Putting lilo on /dev/hda2
    > Warning: device 0x0302 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit
    > Fatal:geo_comp_addr: cylinder number is too big (4369>1023)
    >
    > Then I tried to install lilo on floppy (/dev/fd0) but I got the same identical error.
    > Why?

    No matter where the boot sector will be installed. It seems that Lilo complains
    about the "root" location, and not the "boot" location.

    This is *old* software.

    Try to put the option "linear" in the "make_lilo" function, located in
    the clone script.

    Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip
    around the Sun.				[Anonymous]