[Mu] mount Problems, etc

From: ShadowRage (mmcburn86@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 20:48:15 CEST

    when I boot from either of the 2 floppies or from the dos prompt it has been a bitch, I've had to do most of the formatting in linux and making disk's that way (becuase dos is inept)

    anyways, they work, but after a while they get crc errors, and when I clone a cd... it wants me to put a special disk in.. then it fucking freaks out, says it cant find the file system and the loophole is... it needs the floppy drive for a filesystem.. but then it also needs the floppy to clone....
    this is annoying, and I have exactly 4 mb of ram so that makes it much harder.

    you should make a version that can directly go to a dos directory and use a special script/kernel so it'll boot off of msdos... without any hitches.
    without having to ever use a floppy... AND will work with lowram machines and just use the floppy drive for a filesystem, nothing else.
    I've run into many loopholes in the system already... pain in the ass.