Re: [Mu] [OT] kernel crypto modules

From: Gabriele Alberti (gabriele.alberti@email.it)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 10:25:13 CEST

    On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 07:38:25AM +0200, Michele Andreoli wrote:

    > Did you implement a complete cryptographic filesystem??

    No, it's not a filesystem. I just redirected sys_read() and sys_write()
    to a couple of my functions that do all the work. It is file-based, and
    to recognize a file crypted from another clear I use the sticky bit,
    known as unuseful for all files.
    The idea come from the same project in user space, umpf by vecna
    (www.s0ftpj.org) that did the same work redirecting the libc functions.
    I did the same in kernel space, that's all.
    It's in its first version, so probably full of bugs..but it works for me
    and maybe it's useful for other people.
    Currently it uses blowfish algorithm, but it's *very* easy to do other
    modules for your preferred algorithm.

    > Small? How small?
    > If you like, I can put it on the misc section in the sunsite site.

    Sources are about 20KB, but I include the international kernel patch
    that I used *a lot* as reference, so it's about 100KB. I can just
    mention it without including, anyway.
    If you are so kind...well I would got a project home page :) I will pay
    you a beer :)
    If you can put it in the misc section I will appreciate it.
    Let me know, so I can send you the tar file..it's GPL of course :)

    Best regards,
            Gabriel