Re: [Mu] help me with big@boss.com

From: Dave Houghton (mulinux@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 20:50:16 CET

    14/03/2003 21:18:00, Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> wrote:

    >On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 07:53:35PM +0100, Jeroen Sangers nicely wrote:
    >>
    >> The mail headers you included appear not to be complete, is that possible?
    >
    >No, it is complete.
    >
    >> For LAB2-19 (216.72.63.39) I found the following information on SpamCop:
    >> Parsing input: 216.72.63.39
    >> host 216.72.63.39 (getting name) no name
    >

    >"No name", also with unix "host 216.72.63.39"
    >
    >With nmap, it answer "Windows Xp RC+1", or something like.

    the IP is an ip assigned from a dynamic ip pool to a dial up modem user. Even if you could resolve the ip,
    the original user with the virus has long since disconnected and the ip returned to the pool.

    In this case it originates from the Catholic University of Honduras:-

    Name: ARGUIJO, MISAEL
    Handle: MA327-ARIN
    Company: Unknown
    Address: UNICAH
    Address: CAMPUS UNIVERSITARIO UNICAH
    Address: TEGUCIGALPA, 4473
    City:
    StateProv:
    PostalCode:
    Country: HN
    Comment: The information for POC handle MA327-ARIN has been reported to
    Comment: be invalid.
    RegDate: 2000-02-16
    Updated: 2003-02-07
    Phone: 504-234-6448 (Office)