Re: soundprobe auto-card

From: Renaud PASCAL (l0k1@free.fr)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 18:46:25 CET

    At 18:32 04/03/03, you wrote:
    >Difference from (1) "cat /proc/pci| grep rev" and (2) "grep rev /proc/pci",
    >despite of the same material result, is important in my filosophy.
    >
    >Solution (2) requires more disk space in the user's brain,

    :D) Of course this is the only place to really cheer and care for !

    > because here "grep"
    >is used with two parameters. The user must recall the right syntax:
    >
    > "grep rev /proc/pci" OR "grep /proc/pci rev" ?

    Quite interesting argument, I admit !

    >And if you finally pretend to do a second filtering on the
    >keyword "ethernet"?
    >
    >In this case, my usage is more symmetric of yours because I will write:
    >
    > cat /proc/pci | grep rev | grep -i ethernet
    >
    >while you, probabily, will write:
    >
    > grep rev /proc/pci | grep -i ethernet

    That's right, you've got simmetry and I use circular permutation :)
    I guess that's because you are more a counterpoint musician than me,
    poor old thing drowning in the ocean of vertical harmony ;)

    I guess I'd better change the thread title !

    "Certains me nomment '^R[a-z\'-]+$', mais j'ai tant d'autres noms ....".