Re: [mu Setup] Addon

From: Jeroen Sangers (jeroen@jeroensangers.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 17:43:04 CET

    zaltar <zaltark@yahoo.it> wrote:
    > When the initialization process is over there's a text showing up
    > some commands like 'help' or 'setup', but they work only in
    > maintenance mode and you have to access it just before login, morover
    > this happens even if you press 'root' when the line '(none) login:'
    > shows up. Finally I wasn't able to explore directories neither in
    > maintenance mode, I tried to get /usr/wks/doc but it was
    > unreacheable... I have a lot to learn I guess... in particular how to
    > add an addon since I understood only a half of the explanation.
    > See ya,
    > Zaltar.

    Hi Zaltar,

    There is normally no reason to go into maintenance mode. In maintenance
    mode, less features than normal are available, e.g. the /usr filesystem is
    not mounted.
    Just wait until the setup process is finished and you see the login: prompt.
    Login and save the settings you have made with

    # setup -s lock

    Kind regards,

    Jeroen Sangers

    www.jeroensangers.com