Re: [mu SETUP] problems with setup on thinkpad 360

From: Boris Gorelik (bgbg@pob.huji.ac.il)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 13:51:01 CET

The simplest installation that I tried was as follows: I've copied the
mulinux13r2 to the hardisk of the laptop (the file was splitted in two by
winrar, and then re-assambled). In c:\mulinux, I've executed the boot.bat
scrip. Before the execution, I've added vga=ask to it.
On the vga mode prompt, I choosed 0 (25x80), and started the installation.
At some point during the setup, the system freezes and doesn't respond to
keyboard - not even Ctr-Alt-Del(no error messages). After restarting the
computer, the startup process continues till the point of the previous crush,
and then it continues in setup mode till the next freeze. After several
freezes and restarts, I've even been able to see login prompt, but the
computer got stucked on it. There was a time when I have even succeeded to
login and start elvis and then... it stopped.
So, in conclusion I can say:
> Could you please tell us what kind of installation are you trying (form
> floppy to ramdisk, from floppy to hd, from hd to hd) and at witch
basic installation from hd to hd

> point does it hang and any possible error messages so helping you
at various point, no error messages
> would be easier?

PS: I've tried this installation on my PIII box at home - everything is OK

--
Boris Gorelik
Tue, 21/Jan/2003, 18 Shvat 5763