Re: [mu SETUP] PCMCIA setup

From: Jeroen Sangers (jeroen@jeroensangers.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 16:04:42 CET

Kautzmann Gerd <gkautzmann@baumerident.com> wrote:

>>> However, when I start the PCMCIA services with
>>> '/usr/srv/bin/pcmcia start',
>>> I receive the following message:
>>>
>>> module directory /lib/modules/2.0.36/pcmcia not found
>>>

>> In mulinux, the PCMCIA eth is attived as branch of "setup
>> eth0", choosing "pcmcia" as model.
>>
>> Did you tried that?
>>
>> Michele
>
> "Now I would like to configure my PCMCIA, so I can use my moden to
> connect to internet."
>
> As long as the pcmcia is the ethernet card and you use an external AT
> modem it should be possible.
>
> If your modem is on a pcmcia card and if it is a 'winmodem' .....
> forget it.

I have tried the options above, but so far without success (the modem card
is no 'winmodem')
When I configure eth0, I receive the following message:

Now you will see a lot of messages, normally directed to kernellog. Do not
worry...
Starting PCMCIA services: modulesA module named pcmcia_core already exists
Initialization of i82365 failed
ds: no socket drivers loaded!
Initialization of ds failed
    cardmgr
Sorry: card pcmcia id not well configured

In the kernel log, I see:

- Intel PCIC probe: not found
- ds: no socket drivers loaded!

And in daemon.log I see:

cardmgr[3608]: starting, version is 3.0.9
cardmgr[3608]: no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices
cardmgr[3608]: exiting

Kind regards,

Jeroen Sangers

www.jeroensangers.com