3Com509

From: Maarten van Vuure (m.van.vuure@freeler.nl)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 20:22:06 CET

Good day to you all,

I am using a 3Com509 B TPO (in ISA mode) but I can't get it to work.
Because of that I tried to use an utility of David Becker ( www.scyld.com something like that ) to install the card.
The utility is able to spot the card and affirmative about the i/o number being ' 0x300 ' . When I tried to set-up the eth0 in mulinux I got: ' i/o symbol not found ' . Under Dos/Windows I used a set-up utility from 3Com and the card tested good on i/o 0x300 and IRQ 10. What am I doing wrong, can I manually make changes to a configuration file ?
Can anyone give me proper instruction / share experience?
Thanks in advance,
Maarten