Re: Network

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 17:46:52 CET

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 02:50:15PM +0100, Karim Homsi nicely wrote:
> I ve mulinux13r2 and I want to get my network running.
> I did setup -f network and than setup -f eth0.
> Than I got an error message: " Soading module:
> net/rtl8139
> Symbol 'io' not found.
> Siocsifflags: No such device
> Siocsifflags: No such device "
> What did I wrong?
> My networkkard isn t visible under ifconfig.

First of all, you must reverse the process:

                setup -f eth0
                setup -f network

because setup/network can use different interface (not only NIC)

After that, you must blank the IO and IRQ directives in setup/eth0

"Physics is like sex: it may give some practical
results, but that's not why we do it"  (Richard Feynman)