Response from Sunsite.Dk II

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 23:32:44 CEST

[
Warning please! my previous email was with bad reply-to. Do not use the
]

Since the list is not *mine*, I think it is right to inform You about this dialog
from me and Sunsite about removing muLinux from Aalborg.

>>>Received-From: Esben Haabendal Soerensen <esben@haabendal.dk>

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to answer my request.

Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> writes:

> In the past, I received a lot of complaints about spamming and
> viruses, from various users.

No listmanager software can prevent spam and viruses without
moderation and/or allowing only subscriber posting. Both setups are
possible with "our" software as well.

> And, finally, the MailMan listmanager offers so much features to the
> administrator via a nice web interface (such as: digest,
> subscribe/unsubscribe, archiver, fine setup, etc) compared to the
> Sunsite listmanager.

Actually, we have been running MailMan for many projects for quite
some time now. Experience has taught us that it is unusable for large
mailinglists (100+ users).

I fear that you will find that mailman in the long run requires to
much manual administrations (to many mails have to be manually
rejected through the webinterface). A problem that ezmlm lists do not
have.

> At SourceForge I will have also an ssh account, an email address and
> the possibility to upload via ssh, etc.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide ssh accounts as long as
we have only one server :(

With "email address", are you refering to having a pop/imap mailbox at
souceforge ?

> So, I decide to move muLinux at SourceForge, in the near future.
>
> I, by myself, I'm satisfied by Sunsite hosting, but I'm only one.

I am sorry to hear that. I really like the muLinux project, and have
been very happy to host you. No chance that we can try and solve the
issues so you will stay here ?

--
"Physics is like sex: it may give some practical
results, but that's not why we do it"  (Richard Feynman)